About ORock Technologies
ORock Technologies is a small business Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider that supports the specialized needs of organizations with the highest data security requirements, including Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), solution providers, and enterprise end users in such markets as Defense, Intelligence, Government, Financial Services, and Healthcare.
As a Red Hat Certified Cloud & Service Provider (CCSP), ORock owns and operates a carrier-grade private fiber optic network with multiple data centers and a secure, open source, “pure-play” Red Hat cloud. Our state-of-the-art IaaS and Cloud solutions offer superior levels of security, performance, compliance, flexibility, and control for ORock customers, channel partners, and software vendors.
Currently we have a need for an OpenStack Architect to work out of our Reston, VA HQ. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN and be eligible for a clearance of Secret level or above.
Primary job responsibilities Act as the customer's advocate to architect the right solutions and ensure they are implemented and supported in an innovative and reliable way
- Deliver successful discovery, analysis, and design workshops for small to medium teams of both technical and non-technical backgrounds that shape and influence the customer’s use cases and architecture design decisions
- Scope delivery projects and guide customers through successful pilot and production deployments
- Design, create, and deliver content that enables the organization to sell, service, and support our cloud solutions at scale
- Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale ORock’s services capabilities, promote repeatable customer engagements, and lower delivery risk
- Be a cloud subject matter expert and demonstrate thought leadership in the cloud community by producing world-class white papers, webinars, etc., as well as speaking at industry-leading conferences
- 8+ years of architecture experience, with 4+ of those years specifically focused on enterprise virtualization or cloud
- In-depth to expert knowledge of various information security control frameworks, best practice standards, regulatory requirements, industry requirements for information security and IT related compliance requirements including SOC-2, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, SOX and ISO 27001
- Record of working closely with customers in a consultative fashion to produce solutions that exceed their most challenging technical and business expectations
- Solid background in consultative customer engagement with either a major consulting services organization or within the services division of a major software or cloud service provider company
- Background working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior IT and business executives
- Broad and deep technical experience with virtualization and cloud technologies, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), VMWare vSphere, Microsoft
- Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Puppet, Ruby, Python
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple products and services
- Proven ability to work with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Good balance of strategic and tactical skills
- Experience across one or more vertical industry areas is a plus, federal preferred
- Security clearance preferred
ORock Technologies requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening, criminal record check, and/or driving record check.
ORock Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.