About ORock Technologies
ORock Technologies is a small business Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider that supports the specialized needs of organizations with the highest data security requirements, including Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), solution providers, and enterprise end users in such markets as Defense, Intelligence, Government, Financial Services, and Healthcare.
As a Red Hat Certified Cloud & Service Provider (CCSP), ORock owns and operates a carrier-grade private fiber optic network with multiple data centers and a secure, open source, “pure-play” Red Hat cloud. Our state-of-the-art IaaS and Cloud solutions offer superior levels of security, performance, compliance, flexibility, and control for ORock customers, channel partners, and software vendors.
Currently we have a need for a Cloud Solutions Architect to work out of our Reston, VA HQ. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN and be eligible for a clearance of Secret level or above.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will support the ORock Technologies sales organization in growing revenue, enabling our channel partners, and helping our customers solve business and technical challenges using ORock’s highly-secure Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service solutions.
In this hands-on, customer-facing role, you will interact directly with technical staff and executives at government agencies and commercial organizations to demonstrate how they can apply and tailor
ORock’s offerings to meet their unique requirements. As a subject matter expert on ORock’s solutions, you’ll also train our partners (distributors, VARs, solution providers, and MSPs) to speed their adoption of our offerings to accelerate channel sales. And you’ll leverage your understanding of real-world customer challenges and sales opportunities to influence our product and services roadmap and marketing messages.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate technical competency combined with strong sales acumen to succeed in an outside sales support role. S/he will be a self-motivated, polished business professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills and deep technical fluency with cloud solutions, IaaS offerings, application migration and management requirements, and open source technologies (Red Hat).
This is an individual contributor role that reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales, and will require occasional travel.
- Support the ORock sales organization in its pursuit, capture, and implementation of Cloud Services solution sales
- Take on the technical subject-matter expert (SME) role to answer questions and brief customers on technical and business advantages of ORock solutions
- Design solutions that address and align with customers’ technical environments, business needs, and enterprise data security compliance requirements
- Provide guidance and advice to support customer initiatives in the areas of:
- Architecting cloud delivery platforms
- Designing cloud-native applications
- Automating delivery and operations processes
- Designing applications and infrastructure for scalability, resiliency, availability, and recovery
- Application migrations from legacy data centers to modern cloud-based architecture
- Assist in the development of content for proposal responses, training materials, and marketing campaigns
- Deliver training and support to enable channel partners to successfully sell and deliver ORock solutions to end users
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or other relevant field of study)
- 10+ years of combined professional experience in a customer-facing sales, sales support, or technical role, with at least 5 years working in one or more of the following solution areas:
- Cloud/XaaS implementations
- Infrastructure automation
- Application development and deployment
- Availability and disaster recovery for applications in the cloud
- Building applications in Amazon Web Services, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Migration of enterprise applications to utilize SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Designing applications and infrastructure for content delivery networks and global load balancing
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience working with Red Hat and/or related open source solutions, including:
- Ceph and Gluster storage (SAP HANA experience is a plus)
- Containerized applications utilizing Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience working with sales teams, channel partners, and distributors to grow revenue in an enterprise IT environment
ORock Technologies requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening, criminal record check, and/or driving record check.
ORock Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- Familiarity with business, compliance, and technical considerations related to security and cloud computing within the federal government and/or highly-regulated commercial organizations
- Self-starter and team player who can work collaboratively with sales, business, and technical personnel within ORock and among our customer and partner base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work within a fast-paced, dynamic startup business environment