About ORock Technologies
ORock Technologies is a small business Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider that supports the specialized needs of organizations with the highest data security requirements, including Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), solution providers, and enterprise end users in such markets as Defense, Intelligence, Government, Financial Services, and Healthcare.
As a Red Hat Certified Cloud & Service Provider (CCSP), ORock owns and operates a carrier-grade private fiber optic network with multiple data centers and a secure, open source, “pure-play” Red Hat cloud. Our state-of-the-art IaaS and Cloud solutions offer superior levels of security, performance, compliance, flexibility, and control for ORock customers, channel partners, and software vendors.
Currently we have a need for A NOC Manager to work out of our Reston, VA HQ. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN and be eligible for a clearance of Secret level or above.
The ORock NOC Manager opening is a Lead position with responsibilities for day-to-day operations of the Network Operations Center (NOC). This oversight includes but is not limited to Personnel, Incident, Change, Service Level, and Problem Management. The position is fully responsible for talent and personnel management of the assigned employees.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Those successful in this position have:
- Authorize deviations from standard processes and procedures in order to mitigate and overcome outages or customer impacting delivery services to meet service level agreements.
- Manage proper documentation of Incident and Change management records.
- Act as the liaison to the advanced engineering team to arrange support for specific areas such as VPN and cloud access, Networking, or cloud engineering services.
- Manages activities of employees to support a 24/7/365 NOC.
- Monitor and manage delivery of services to customers.
- Ensure employees properly execute processes and procedures.
- Ensure subordinates receive accurate updated technical information.
- Participate in various working groups and boards related to process improvement and change authorization.
- Key customer interface with respect to NOC Services.
- Ensure compliance with contractual and customer guidelines pertaining to operations.
- Extensive experience with LAN/WAN Networking, Understanding and experience with Trouble Ticketing Reporting tools (Atlassian/Jira)
- Have successfully managed a team that included human resource related responsibilities
- Have extensive NOC support experience.
- IT management and project management experience
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Windows 2000. Microsoft Excel experience
- Broad understanding of a wide array of technologies with preference to Red Hat and Open Source technologies, Cisco switches/routers, Cisco Works, Splunk, Palo Alto Panorama
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Process oriented person that has a positive attitude and is highly motivated.
ORock Technologies requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening, criminal record check, and/or driving record check.
ORock Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.